Sunday, March 1, 2009

First post / Meat Puppets "Mirage"


So, welcome to the first post of this run-of-the-mill music blog. It seems these things are a dime a dozen these days.

Anyways its going to stick to the basic formula of 4-5 other people and I posting every so often about records we enjoy and hope other people will check out.

For this first post I picked Meat Puppet's 1987 album Mirage. It's considered the groups most experimental album. It still has traces of alt-country as heard on their earlier album II, but also has a more psychedelia-esq sound as well as some new wave thrown into the mix. Out of the 6 albums I've heard from this band this is the one I always go back to. In my opinion this record would be a much better candidate for their Don't Look Back concert.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tt2umhntzzz/[1987] mirage.rar



Top three tracks:
Quit It, I Am a Machine, Love Our Children Forever


Buy it

-mungmike


note: When I say this is the first post, its the first post for this blog. Dan uploaded all this posts from a previous blog that came before this one. Fuck me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment